Since the days of our redemption from Egypt (Exodus 15), dance has played an integral part in Jewish worship. Miryam, King David and our people through every generation have entered the joy of this expression. At Kehilat Ariel, we believe in expressing the joy of our redemption even today. At almost every main service (Shabbat and Holy Days) you will witness the visual mosaic of traditional Israeli dance. For us, it is not just for the wedding reception or bar mitzvah but rather a weekly statement of our love for God and Messiah. Whether you have a background in dance or can’t tell your left foot from the right, all are invited to join us to learn this Messianic Jewish way of praising our Creator and Redeemer.
Echad B’rikud (Hebrew meaning “One in Dance”) is Kehilat Ariel’s dance worship and outreach ministry. Our vision is to honor our Lord Yeshua (Jesus) with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength through Jewish or Davidic dance. We learn and share choreographed dances with messianic believers at regional and international conferences, as well as from the Israeli dance community. Our desire is to worship the Lord together with fellow believers and to be a light among the nations and in our local community. We honor Yeshua through dance in several ways:
- At our weekly shabbat services in a joyful and disciplined expression of unity, as we lead the congregation in choreographed dances that seek solely to honor our Messiah. 9:30am reviews are held upstairs in Dance Room before every service. All are welcome!
- Through special dance presentations and during the Biblical feast celebrations such as the High Holy Days, Hanukkah, and Passover. The following weblinks share presentations performed in the recent past.
- By teaching dance workshops and providing dance teaching videos for those wanting to learn choreographed dances. Check the KA calendar for special workshops and the Resource Center at KA for our own original videos. Or click here for options to purchase your own more professional dance step videos.
- Through presentations to churches and members of the body of Messiah, to share our joy in dance worship, as well as the Jewish roots of our faith and in dance. Here are a few recent examples.
- Through outreaches to our community, to share the joy of dance as well as the Jewish roots of our faith. We are blessed that many of these happen year after year, but we always look forward to new opportunities.
- Del Mar Fair outreaches in June of every year
- Balboa Park outreaches in July of past couple of years
- Hanukkah outreaches
- Special fundraising event 2009 = 10 Virgins trailer
- Navy Medical Hospital Unity Day celebration
- Israeli Independence Day celebrations
- Living Nativity celebrations at Horizon North County
We welcome all to learn and participate in our dance worship services and special classes and events in a spirit of unity and reverence. We encourage all participants to be mindful of their attire, conduct, and attitude to enhance the joy of worship individually and corporately.
Echad B’rikud will gladly share to both English and Spanish audiences. For more information please contact Kehilat Ariel Messianic Synagogue at 858-490-4355, by emailing KAdancemin@gmail.com or come join us at our Shabbat dance reviews or workshops listed in KA’s calendar of events.